Wednesday 20 July 2016

For Jules...

He's a man I never met,
but a man who touched my heart.
How much is he missed?
I don't know where to start...

I think about him most days,
about his smile and his skill.
I consider myself blessed,
to see him race was such a thrill.

Points were won in Monaco,
it was only a matter of time!
Well deserved celebrations took place,
A favourite memory of mine. 

He started at the back,
but we knew he wouldn't be there long.
The mighty Ferrari were calling,
to a man who seemed to do no wrong.

Just over a year has passed,
since he sadly lost his fight.
For nine long months he battled,
but for the final time he said 'Goodnight'.

Tears still flow heavily,
but memories will always remain.
Without him, many lives and F1,
will never be the same.

I'll remember and miss him,
my whole life through.
Rest in peace Jules,
this ones for you.

2 comments: